Friday, September 7, 2012

MTME Pretty Patterns

I am excited to announce I have been selected to be on the MTME Pretty Patterns Team. We will have sketches assigned and have to create a card with Lauren Meader's great digital stamps and paper. I hope my creative juices can live up to the team's talent. I am still learning how to work with the digital stamps and paper but I am sure with time I will learn some shortcuts. For now, I created a hair bow card to match gift wrapping paper that I purchased at Target for a birthday gift for my daughter's friend.
I am hoping for a Silhouette but for now I used my Expression and Make the Cut to create the card. The card base is 4.25 x 5.5 an A2 card. I embossed piece of purple cardstock with my seeing spots cuttlebug embossing folder. In Make the Cut, I created a tag and cut a square and so I would have how to attach the bow to the card, I punched two holes with a regular hole punch and with my exacto knife cut a straight line and attached it with pop dots. I used one of my Cricut Cartridges to cut the leaves in green cardstock and taped everything with my ATG. I used the colors that were on the gift wrapping paper as my inspiration. The bow was just a flower glued to a hair clip and a large rhinestone glued to the center. The lines around the card were done with a good old fashion ruler and a white gel pen. The stamps were my sister's PTI stamps I believe I used the number and handmade stamp from one of the friendship jars fillers. I put the card into a clear PTI box so the hair bow was visible. I hope she liked the card and bow......I hope you enjoyed it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment